Born June 1, 1953, Budapest, Hungary. Citizenship: Hungarian, American
- 1978 Masters Degree in Physics at the Lorand Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary.
- 1979 Ph.D. in Physics at the Lorand Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary
- 1989 Doctor of Physical Sciences at the National Academy of Science, Hungary
- 1977 Seven months spent at the Ecole Normale Superieure in Paris.
- 197781 Research associate at the Central Research Institute for Physics, Budapest, Hungary.
- 198182 Research associate at the Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung, Darmstadt, Germany.
- 198285 Research associate at the University of Illinois, Urbana, U.S.A.
- 198587 Assistant Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, U.S.A.
- 198793 Associate Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, U.S.A.
- 199205 Professor at the Lorand Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary.
- 1992 Professor at University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France.
- 1985 Graduate and undergraduate lectures at MIT, Lorand Eotvos University and Louis Pasteur University in several branches of theoretical physics, series of lectures about quantum ?eld theory at di?erent Summer Schools for graduate students and postdoctorial fellows.
- 1989 Americal Physical Society
- 2001 Hungarian Academy of Sciences
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- 1985 Schmidt Rezso Award
- 198791 Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship
- 198993 NSF Young Presidential Investigator Award
- 198688 Member of the Committee of Student A?airs at MIT.
- 199194 Member of the Graduate Fellowship Panel of the National Science Foundation.
- 199205 Director of the Laboratory of Theoretical Physics at the Louis Pasteur University.
- 199799 Member of the curatory of the Sz´echenyi Proferssorship of the Hungarian Ministery of Education.
- 199905 Responsible of the third year educational program in physics, license de physique.
- 2005-10 Responsible of the program Master Physics.
- 2010- Responsible of the ?rst year program of Master Physics.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
Nähere Informationen über unseren Autor Prof. Dr. János Polónyi (Webseite): http://www.iphc.cnrs.fr/POLONYI-Janos.html